Remember I once mentioned you can use vinegar in the house as a cat-friendly alternative to detergents?
We also hear that cider vinegar is good for dogs, but what about cats?
I came across this article on various catty-uses for vinegar:
- Use vinegar to clean out a kitty litter pan. Remove the litter, and pour in 1/2 inch of vinegar. Let the vinegar stand for 15 minutes. Pour it out, and thoroughly dry the pan. Then sprinkle it with baking soda, and add fresh kitty litter.
- To discourage your cats from walking on, sleeping on, or scratching certain items in your home, lightly sprinkle items with vinegar. The smell will keep cats away.
- Control general scratching by regularly wiping the ear area with a cloth dipped in vinegar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the water bowl to improve overall health and digestion.
- Clean up urinary accidents in your home by drying the soiled area and then applying undiluted vinegar. The vinegar will help control the odor and keep your pet from visiting the area again.
I think I only have black vinegar and balsamic vinegar in the house, so I can’t try any of these yet, but I might someday and see how it works out.