(Last modified on 19 May 2019)
The personal data that LKP regularly collects includes:
- Identifying information (e.g. NRIC, telephone numbers, address);
- IP addresses; and
- Any other information submitted by you through any of LKP’s online forms.
Your personal data may be collected, used, processed and/or disclosed for the furtherance of one or more of the following objectives:
- Making arrangements or appointments for play/clean sessions at LKP’s cattery;
- Processing and evaluating your request for the adoption of cats under LKP’s care;
- Processing and evaluating your request for the rescue of community cats;
- Processing and evaluating your application to become a permanent LKP volunteer;
- Maintaining accounting records of donations received;
- Marketing and promoting LKP’s activities and donation drives;
- Storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore;
- Analysing and tracking the demographics of LKP’s donors, volunteers and supporters;
- Providing a personalized browsing experience on the Websites;
- Complying with laws and regulations relevant to Institutes of Public Character and/or charities in Singapore
Except where expressly required under applicable law, all personal data under LKP’s control will only be shared with LKP’s professional advisors (e.g. accountants, lawyers).
LKP has taken all reasonable measures to secure the storage and transmission of all personal data collected by employing the appropriate security measures.
LKP will erase your personal data where the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected is no longer relevant, or where you have withdrawn your consent for the collection, use, processing and/or disclosure of your personal data.
Certain jurisdictions, including the European Union (EU), have introduced regulations which confer certain data protection rights upon their citizens. A non-exhaustive list of these rights are set out below. If applicable, and you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
- Right to erasure (i.e. your right to be forgotten);
- Right to rectification (e.g. request for correction of your personal data);
- Right to data portability (i.e. your right to request that LKP provide your personal data in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and to subsequently transmit that data to another entity);
- Right of access to your personal data (e.g. your right to obtain confirmation that we have collected or processed your personal data, and to request access to your personal data);
- Right to restriction of processing (e.g. your right to request that your personal data be used or processed for specific restricted purposes); and
- Right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted at email@example.com regarding any of the following matters:
- Request for access to LKP’s records of your personal data;
- Correction or erasure of personal data that you have submitted to LKP or that LKP has collected by means of cookies;
- Withdrawal of consent to the collection, use, processing and/or disclosure of your personal data;
- Exercise of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (for EU citizens only); and