We welcome service learning requests from volunteers who are at least 13 years old!
Love Kuching Project supports self-initiated Values-in-Action (VIA) projects, Community Involvement Programmes (CIP), and Service Learning (SL) projects that are part of students’ curricular requirements. This helps students have an early understanding about what it means to be part of the cat welfare community, and allows them to become socially responsible citizens who contribute meaningfully to animal welfare.
We also appreciate corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives where staff or companies contribute their professional skills towards assisting Love Kuching Project. You can contact email@example.com if you wish to propose a CSR initiative.
Requirements for service learning:
- Due to space limitations at our cattery, we can only accept teams with six (6) participants or less.
- You should submit your service learning request via email (instructions below). We will not recognise any hours of service which were not confirmed via an email request.
- Each volunteer must attend at least five service learning sessions. The five sessions for each volunteer will have to be confirmed at the beginning of your project. This means you will not be allowed to book only two sessions in the beginning and book the remaining three at a later date.
- You must be here for the entire session. Please arrive at the stipulated time and inform the shift-coordinator in advance if you are going to be late. Each session is considered as two (2) hours of service.
- You should be responsible for keeping track of your own hours of service to ensure you meet your school’s requirements. All bookings are confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, so plan out and inform us of your preferred dates as soon as possible.
Kindly allow for seven (7) days for us to respond to your email.
We will not recognise your hours if you:
- Did not attend all confirmed sessions.
- Rescheduled/canceled your session less than seven (7) days before the arranged date without valid reason. In the event that you need to reschedule/cancel a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org AND inform the shift-coordinator for the session at least seven (7) days in advance, stating the date(s) affected and your reason(s) clearly. Changes to the dates via Whatsapp, text, or other means, will not be recognised.
- Breached the Terms and Conditions stipulated here.
How to make a service learning request:
Please email email@example.com the following details:
1. Information about yourself and your team mates:
- Full name
- Contact number
- Email address
- School name
- School address
- Full name of teacher in-charge
- Email address of teacher in-charge
If below 18, please also provide the following details
- Full name of parent/guardian
- Contact number of parent/guardian
- Email address of parent/guardian
2. A list of the exact dates you wish to book in the following format:
- dd mmm yyyy (day): Name 1, Name 2, Name 3
- Example: 01 Jan 2020 (Wed): Lina, Kimberly, Peter
- Please refer to our Google Calendar below to check for prior bookings on your preferred dates and submit your service learning request at least seven (7) days in advance.
Our calendar shows the slots which have already been booked. The emptier the day, the more likely your booking will be successful!
Each existing booking looks like this: 1 + n PC / SL
1 = the requestor
n = the number other people the requestor is bringing
PC = play/clean ad-hoc volunteers
SL = service learning ad-hoc volunteers
Click on each play/clean request to see the unique booking ID. Play/Clean booking IDs are assigned chronologically, so the smaller the ID, the earlier the request was submitted.
Click on “+x more” to see all requests for a particular date.
Kindly avoid dates which have hit the following quotas so as to prevent overcrowding, allow more time for our volunteers to introduce our cattery to you, and maximize your time and experience with our cats.
|Day||Time||Maximum Play/Clean||Maximum Service Learning|
Days with a quota of 0 are not available for Play/Clean or Service Learning requests.
3. Important documents:
- Volunteers below the age of 18 must submit a Parent Consent Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven (7) days before your service learning begins. We will not allow entry to volunteers below the age of 18 without this form.
- If your school requires any documents from us, please attach a sample of the documents in your email request. If your school did not provide the documents, let us know if you need a supporting letter and/or certificate. After your last session with us, email us again to request for the documents and allow for at least seven (7) days for us to process your request.